Prevention and early detection are key to maintaining proper dental hygiene, while avoiding tooth decay and gum disease. A good home regimen, in addition to regular check-ups, will help you avoid most oral maladies.
Your first visit to our office will include a free new patient exam and complete mouth x-rays. A preventative plan will be put into action, where you will come in for regular check-ups that will include:
- Cleaning and polishing: The cleaning is a preventative service that will consist of removal of tartar, which has hardened on the teeth over time, along with the sticky plaque that has formed over the teeth. Plaque is a formation of bacteria and build up that will eventually cause inflammation. The instruments and technique we use will safely remove this buildup. This is followed by polishing that removes stains and further removes anything that may have been missed in the cleaning.
- Gum evaluation and treatment: Your gums and the bone supporting the teeth will be checked for disease.
- Oral cancer screening: The lips, tongue, throat, neck and gums are examined for any possible signs of oral cancer.
- X-rays: A full set of safe, digital x-rays are performed and are crucial for giving the dentist information that is not always seen in the exam such as bone loss, development deviations, abscesses, teeth coming in at the wrong position, tumors and other issues hiding within the teeth and gums. Early detection is important in treating many oral health issues.
- Investigation of existing work: Examine current crowns, bridges, fillings, etc. to check for any damage or need for replacement.
Don’t wait any longer. Call (337) 474-3636 today to schedule an appointment and get closer to a healthy, beautiful smile!